Paddlers’ Realm Stand Up Paddle Board (SUP) Trips and Courses:
All SUP trips and courses will include high quality Kokatat Dry Suits, Paddle Boards, footwear, all safety gear, and expert instruction from career paddle sports professionals. All trips operate on protected local waters with amazing scenery & abundant wildlife!
Trips operate under a Special Use Permit with the Chugach National Forest and include user fees that sustain this valuable natural resource.
All programs are offered daily and focus on a small group experiences. We have trips for all abilities and we can tailor them to your needs.
Introduction to Stand Up Paddleboarding (SUP) Skills:
Length: 3+ hours. (Includes gear up, dry land topics, and 3+ hours on water)
Cost: $175/ person, $150 if you have your own gear.
Location: Whittier, Portage or Hatcher Pass
Learn to SUP with special considerations for the cold waters of Alaska. This course will serve as an introduction to:
- SUP Boards, Paddles, DRYSUITS, and Safety Equipment
- Paddling strokes, maneuvers, and balance on the board
- Self and Assisted Rescues; and gaining confidence on the water
- Environmental Hazards: winds, waves, tides, cold water
This course is a prerequisite to our moving water courses! Consider combining the introduction to flat water and introduction to current for a full day of paddleboarding bliss!!
Introduction to Moving Water/Current:
1/2 Day: 1 hour on land discussion, 2 hours on water.
Full Day: 1 hour on land discussion, 4 hours on water.
Portage Valley Guided SUP Trip:
Length: 3-5 hours
Cost: Starting at $135
This guided trip begins with a short version of our Intro to SUP course that focuses on getting us out on the water faster, but with the same SUP skills. Portage Valley offers us a variety of protected ponds specifically engineered for critical fish and wildlife habitat, so yes, we could see some great wildlife! Ponds offer protected water with amazing glacier and mountain scenery, and opportunities to easily experience Alaska’s more accessible backcountry. Definitely bring your camera!
- Includes DRYSUITS!, Quaility SUPs, and all equipment.
- Longer trips include a Hearty Alaskan Snack Style Lunch
Guided River SUP Trips:
Length: Approximately 3 hours
Cost: Starting at $125 (ONLY $100 if added onto another course/trip)
Venue: Portage Creek or Knik River.
For those with previous SUP experience or success in our intro to SUP course, we offer guided trips on Portage Creek or Knik River. These are glacially fed moving water environment, so swimming and self-rescue ability is a must have. For those with the skills and a sense of adventure, both Portage Creek and Knik River offer a “locals favorite” backcountry float with stunning scenery, wildlife viewing opportunities, and some fast water thrills on your SUP! Creek trips are water level dependent and we can adjust the run length to ability and conditions.
- Moving water means: more fun, more scenery, and less paddling!
- Trips provide DRYSUITS, Quality SUPs, and all safety equipment.
- Need the “experience” pre-requisite? Add this trip to the intro course!!!
Whittier’s Passage Canal Guided SUP Trip:
Length: 3-5 hours
Cost: Starting at $125 ($225 with Chugach Charters Water Taxi)
This guided SUP trip begins with a short version of our Intro to SUP course that focuses on getting us out on the water faster, but with the same SUP skills. Passage Canal is the gateway to Prince William Sound. This glacially carved fjord offers many miles of rocky shoreline with ample opportunity to see distant valley glaciers, mountain scenery, and opportunities to see marine mammals, birds, and inter-tidal life forms. Routes are weather and condition dependent and geared to your ability, fitness level, and comfort.
- Add on a CHUGACH CHARTERS pick up to explore more remote areas.
- A Water Taxi enables a down wind run: MORE FUN and LESS WORK!
- CHUGACH CHARTERS will also provide a short wildlife cruise.
Glacier SUP in Blackstone Bay with Chugach Charters:
Length: 5-6 hours
Cost: Starting at $299
This trip utilizes a privately chartered landing craft from Chugach Charters to SUP the icy waters of Blackstone Bay. After landing in a protected cove for SUP skills instruction, we will re-board for a paddle into the ice filled waters to see a number of hanging and tide water glaciers. The landing craft will never leave our side and offers a safe retreat with a heated cabin for photos, lunch, as well as non-paddling guests. Explore the Nellie Juan/ College FJord Wilderness Study Area on your SUP in Style! See marine mammals,
A truly bucket list Alaskan Day Trip with a private small boat glacier and wildlife cruise included! No prior SUP experience is required.
- Private use of the 28’ Landing Craft MV Linda Lane
- Drysuits, High Quality SUPS, and all safety gear included.
- Includes a Hearty Alaskan Snack Lunch
- Our BEST TRIP for wildlife and photo opportunities
- Includes a shore visit for beach combing and a hike to a glacier if time allows.